Friday, November 27, 2009

Mr. Fox IS Fantastic!

True, I'll see anything Wes Anderson ever does, but WOW, did I love The Fantastic Mr. Fox. It's super creative, funny, smart, with a none too subtle dose of social commentary, if you're looking at it with that mind-set ... otherwise, it's just a purely delightful lark. With a little fox named Kristofferson included. Fresh.

Stop-motion animation hasn't been this endearing since Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, and I can see this one becoming just as classic. Really. I wouldn't even really say it's too much for kids, as most of the dialogue would fly over their heads, but it's not scary or anything, so it could be one for the whole family to lift up the arm-rests and snuggle in together to see.

I don't want to say too much now, as I don't want to wreck if for you - and you MUST go - but just trust me as someone who just fell madly in love with this movie (and with Mr. Anderson by proxy), that it will charm your holiday print socks off. Or your flip-flops, depending on where you're viewing.

ENJOY! (and you will)

Whistle, wink, click! (Mr. Fox's "trademark")

No comments:

Post a Comment